Working For Us
Without our loyal and dedicated people, our business wouldn't exist.
Working for a family owned business feels different to a working for a corporate firm: whether you work for JGL or one of our subsidiaries, you will genuinely feel a sense of purpose and value.
Why do our people choose to stay?
We have workers who joined the business when it was first founded in 1982 and are still part of the family business today. A recent leaver Bob Carr left after working for our subsidiary, NRC Plant, for 61 years. He was 15 years old when he joined as an apprentice and worked his way up to travel all across the UK repairing and servicing cranes.
Our success and how we treat our people goes hand in hand. Our core values are deeply rooted in the DNA of the business and our success is determined by how well we are able to instil these values in our people.
We strive to ensure that everyone across the Group is treated fairly and with dignity and respect. Our HR team work hard to communicate our people friendly HR policies and ensure that our people have easy access to all of our people policies on site and in our offices.
Working for us means
- Generous pension
- Company bonus scheme*
- Continuous Professional Development
- Life Assurance or joining the B&CE scheme
- Annual personal health checks
- Employee assistance programme - offering free unlimited access to telephone counselling services, financial advice, debt management and more
- Annual company social events, led by the LIFE leadership team
- Company perks as part of our wellbeing agenda
- Company sick pay*
- Becoming a valuable member of our award-winning LIFE safety cultural and behavioural programme
- Monthly best practice awards awarded via a gift voucher scheme
- Flexible working arrangements* – which are assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Community volunteering opportunities via our projects
* Terms and conditions apply as the benefits you receive are based on your contract type and length of service.